Drimnagh Castle is a restored Norman Castle in the heart of South Dublin. It is the only moated castle remaining in Ireland and was once the seat of the de Bernival family. The de Bernival family were granted lands in Drimnagh and Terenure in the year 1215 by King John. Today the castle primarily functions as a heritage site, and the castle and gardens can be visited by guided tour. The castle can also be hired for events, private functions and as a film location.
Long Mile Road,
Phone: 01 – 4502530