Background and General Information
The post of liaison manager is a new post and is created to provide support to the Dynamic
Drimnagh Forum (DDF). The position is contracted by Dublin South City Partnership and
seconded to the Dynamic Drimnagh Forum. The Dynamic Drimnagh Forum is a membership
community based association, led by a board, and is a non-party political organisation.
The Dynamic Drimnagh Forum’s vision is for a strong, inclusive, creative, and caring Drimnagh
where the community play a leadership role in managing development and transformation.
The Mission of the Forum is Implement the Dynamic Drimnagh Plan and proactively advocate
and support, encourage and facilitate the community of Drimnagh to apply influence on matters
that impact on its wellbeing.
This role will support this to happen by growing the membership of the Forum and promoting and
sharing information across the public in Drimnagh and stakeholders of the Forum
The Role is created to
- Facilitate community dialogue in order to promote and develop the DDF plan
● Act as a liaison for the people of Drimnagh to learn more about the work of Dynamic Drimnagh Forum and how to become involved with it
● Provide administrative support to the board & pillars.
● Support the communication activity in order to grow awareness and membership of the Forum
● Link to the key stakeholders as a first point of contact to harness good relationships and information exchange in support of the board activity with the stakeholders.
● Work on a project by project basis as advised by the chairperson in delivering DDF projects as appropriate
The Main areas of the role are
● Be the first point of contact for local communities based in the areas
● Setup and maintain regular meetings with community groups and possible new
members, growing both the awareness of Dynamic Drimnagh locally and also its
● Communicate with all members as required.
● Assist in the maintenance of website and social media accounts
● Develop initiatives that assist in creating awareness of the DFF, and arrange and attend
community open days and similar on behalf of DDF.
● Assist in compilation of reports and conduct research and inform the members of policy
or new initiatives that impact on the work of the DDF and future project growth potential.
● Maintain thorough Knowledge of the Dynamic Drimnagh Plan and assist the Board and
members to work towards its implementation.
● Attend training where required.
● Attend Dynamic Drimnagh forum meetings as directed (including Evening or Weekend
Meetings) and ensure that meetings of the board are properly organised
● Circulate documentation e.g. minutes, agenda, correspondence, reports in a timely
manner prior to meetings.
● Administer the required email addresses, and other online services like Zoom account or
● Maintain effective records and administration.
● Maintain up to date contact details for all stakeholder lists (per pillar).
● Ensure good information flow between the stakeholders and the relevant pillars.
● Act as first point of contact as required to disseminate information to Board and pillar
Your Key relationships are
● All of the Members of the Dynamic Drimnagh Forum
● The Chairperson of the DDF and the Board
● Local community Groups
● The residents of Drimnagh
● Relevant DCC officials
Specifics of employment
You will be required to
● Behave and act according to the code of conduct of the Dynamic Drimnagh Forum;
● Provide a monthly report on work completed and weekly timesheets.
● Meet with an appointed person in Dynamic Drimnagh Forum at least once a month to
agree on task lists and similar.
Terms of Employment
Location of work: can include work from a shared office space (Our Lady’s Hall or Bosco Youth
Centre tbc) or working from home. Community outreach and in person meetings will be expected.
Terms and conditions: of employment will include Sick Leave and Annual Leave and other
terms and conditions as will apply in the contract of employment.
Hours of work: will average at 20 hrs a week, largely self-managed, but must include
attendance at DDF meetings including weekend and evenings and other core requirements at
meetings and events to be agreed.
Duration of the role: 24 months (2 years)
Salary: based on €31,200 per annum pro rata, which is €15,600 each year before tax or €15 an
Equipment: a computer and mobile phone will be provided if required.
Specifics of Recruitment
Your qualifications & key Criteria:
● Previous experience in similar role would be an advantage.
● Excellent administration skills including GDrive, social media including basic website
upkeep and worksheets
● Relevant qualification in community development or social policy would be an advantage
● Fluent in English both written and spoken.
● Demonstrate a good work ethic and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a
strong working relationships.
● Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative.
● A good knowledge of the Dynamic Drimnagh Plan.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for this role please send the following to Board@dynamicdrimnagh.com
● A letter outlining why you are interested in the work of Dynamic Drimnagh specifically and community liaison work in general.
● A Resume/CV.
Deadline for applications is 9th May 2022
Qualifying candidates may be called to interview in May.
Role to start asap after appointment.
This role is funded by Dublin City Council and supported by Dublin South City Partnership.