St Michael’s church was built in the early 19th century as a garrison church for the nearby Richmond Barracks, where the courts martial of most of the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising took place.
When the 1st Free State Government closed the barracks, the church became a chapel of ease attached to St James’ Parish. Archbishop Byrne officially opened the church for the people of Inchicore in 1926. The most notable feature of our church is the beautiful Harry Clarke studio windows.
In 1972 the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, took over the ministry of St Michael’s Parish.
52a Bulfin Road,
Tel: 01 4531660